- Western Australian Salaries and Allowances Tribunal
- Commonwealth Remuneration Tribunal
- Remuneration Tribunal of South Australia
- Northern Territory Government Remuneration Tribunal
- ACT Remuneration Tribunal
- NSW Department of Local Government
- NSW Local Government and Shires Association
- Commonwealth Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
About the Tribunal
The Local Government Remuneration Tribunal is constituted under Chapter 9, Division 4 of the Local Government Act 1993.
The Tribunal is appointed by the Governor for up to three years and is assisted by two Assessors
|The Tribunal and Assessors are as follows:|
|Tribunal:||Ms Helen Wright|
|Assessors||Ross Woodward, Deputy Director General, Local Government Division, Department of Premier and Cabinet|
Ms Helen L'Orange
The Tribunal is responsible for categorising each council, county council and mayoral office for the purpose of determining the minimum and maximum fees payable to councillors, members of county councils and mayors in each category.
The Tribunal is required to make a determination by no later than 1 May each year. A Report is made to the Minister and published in the Government Gazette, it must also be laid before each House of Parliament. Ministerial responsibility is with the Minister for Local Government.